Friday, November 18, 2011

The Journey

After my life changing experience this week, my emotions have been rather unstable. Plenty of tears, laughter, happiness, pain, highs, lows and paranoia!

I have spent a lot of time dreaming, wishing, planning and hoping for this day to come. A day where I can not only gain confidence in an area that seemed to lack it, but rid my soul of the insecurities that have held me prisoner for so long.

What may seem like a small difference to some, is truly a mountain of change for me. Although it is still in the early stages of development, the feeling of a dream come true is real for me. And I am beginning to realise that if you want something badly enough, you really can make it happen.

With the saddening loss of a family member, a great dream was born with the legacy that she left behind for us. And she will never know how that would change my life for the better. I am going through an amazing transformation at this point, and hopefully healing some emotional wounds along with the physical ones.

Although I am aware that there will be people who don't understand, support, encourage or stand by me during this, I have chosen to ignore the jealousy and negativity in favour or turning to face all the optimism that I have surrounding me. I have no unkind words for those who have not understood. I have learnt that not everyone can be pleased. I simply choose who to allow close to me.

What a beautiful experience. I am blessed to have many supporters on my journey and the opportunity to undergo this metamorphosis.

You know who you are. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment