Friday, June 10, 2011

Drop The Lamp

It is not always easy to know what you want or what you need. When we are confronted with problems, changes, tests it is so easy to turn away and attempt to find the answer in something else. It is hard to stay focused on what is good for you, what your heart needs and to remember that although you may feel alone, you are not.

There are some moments in your life when you may doubt yourself. Doubt who you are, what you want, where to go. And sometimes through that doubt we can make mistakes and lose our way, drop our lamp and be misled. But that is when you need to turn to your natural compass - your instincts. Because although it might seem easier to turn away and chose to leave behind the path we know, our instincts will remind us that we don't want the easy way, we need the right way. The way to happiness and a place of no regrets.

In struggling through the difficulties presented to us, all we need is some time. Time to understand the options in a logical and realistic light. Time to imagine which choices we could live with and which we could not. Time to critically analyse possible regrets that may hurt us more than we can realise at the start. And time to remember what and who is important to us.

After some time, and some revision of a life I am still trying to master, I know what I want and I know what mistakes I would not be able to live with. Not to say I wont be faced with this challenge again at some point in my life, but for now, I know.

And all that's left to do is put in the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment